Welcome to My Website
Recent Highlights of My Work
On sexual assault
- "Blindsided," my personal essay, in Grabbed: Poets and Writers on Sexual Asssault, Empowerment and Healing (Beacon Books). Foreword by Joyce Maynard, afterword by Anita Hill.
On the anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- "Scranton, Suffrage, My Grandma Maggie and Me," Ms. online
On the pandemic
- "It's Not Just Covid; It's the Cruelty it Exposes," Medium
- On the much lighter side, from my husband and me: Our Domicile (definitely not) Daily--online newsletter, multiple issues. Our goal was "to provide all the excitement of pandemic life in one easy read."
- "Missouri and the Fight for Abortion Rights: How Past Became Prologue," Rewire
- My review of "Ask for Jane," Cineaste, on the Art and Politics of Cinema
On the Catholic Church
- "Called to Account" -- Catholic Church Faces Unprecedented Moment of Reckoning," abridged online version of feature in Ms.
AND, COMING IN 2023!
"Close Encounters of the Episcopal Kind," my essay in editor/author Gina Barreca's collection Fast Fallen Women, third in her popular Fast Women series (Woodhall Press, Fall, 2023).
My investigative report and cover story, "Kathy's Day in Court," in new collection, 50 Years of Ms., to mark and celebrate half a century of "reporting, rebelling and storytelling" (Knopf, December, 2023).
MY BOOKS --
A compelling account of what dedicated Catholic women are accomplishing for the church they love."
"A thoughtful, coherent and impassioned call for answers to some of the most pressing questions facing the Catholic Church today."
--Dallas Morning News
"These stories remain vivid for the reader long after the book is finished...Bonavoglia's book belongs in our classrooms and our libraries."
--Journal of American Catholic Studies
"I could build a small habitable cabin of all the books I read for research, but I'm especially thankful for The Choices We Made...which helped me wrap my post-Roe v. Wade mind around the pre-Roe v. Wade era.
--Novelist Myla Goldberg
"...brings a human dimension to the debate...Highly recommended."
"Old and young, rich and poor, black and white, celebrities and unknown--the voices vary...but their stories have a powerful cumulative impact....not for the fainthearted."